The annual Virgin Islands Fleet IC 24 meeting will be held at STYC on Thursday February 11th at 5:30 pm so we can update the books on the class for the VI Fleet and discuss the Agenda listed below.
We are looking forward to hearing your input on the class as well as discussing the future of the IC 24 class , so please confirm with me that you will be attending.
Please bring your current measurement certificate so that we can re-certify your certificate based on zero changes to your boat in the past year. If you have made changes that require you to re -measure then you need to contact Chuck Pessler asap to make an appointment with him. As you know Chuck is the Regatta director of 2016 STIR so his time is at a premium!
1) Measurement Certificates
2) 2016 registration fees
3) Rules changes
4) VI boats participation in Puerto Rico future events.
5) Net working to maximize the class participation in the PR and BVI upcoming events.
6) Owners input on the future of the class.
7) New boats being built (Puerto Rico and New York).
8) Sponsorship. The class is in need of one. Looking to create a CORT series sponsor.
BVI Spring regatta group tow and logistics …How many owners our going?
10) Discussion of STIR race format, venue daily choice and on the water judging.
11) Discussion of STYC IC-24 Invitational event scheduled for May/ 14,15/2106 . Intention of the event is to invite (1) BVI and (4) best Puerto Rico teams to race in our boats against our 5 best STYC teams. All teams to consist of 4 persons max weight of 750 lbs. Visiting teams can come with skipper and (1) best crew and we can take bottom skippers and their (1) best crew to sail with visiting teams on Bottom skippers/owner’s boats. Jib and Main event / no pole.
Purpose of the event is to create a high quality, fun, low cost, easy to organize, home grown event that involves all of our STYC skippers/owners. In addition to the racing on Saturday and Sunday there will be a welcome party on Friday night and a guest speaker about Starting techniques on Saturday afternoon after racing! Housing for guest sailors at club members homes and also Paradise Cove.
In addition please find attached the Notice of Race and SI for the Phillsbury Sound race which happens this Saturday 2/13/16 with skippers meeting at 12:30 pm at STYC.
Virgin Islands IC-24 Class Representative